Quot;He loved doing local radio, especially before it was computerized. quot; Host himself once told the Bay Area Radio Digest dating his favorite aspect of the medium was game quot;you don't have to worry about lighting directors and cameramen or script writers and all that.
- Brown ("General Hospital") - 1988 Cheryl Hines - 1996 Rating Edit Music Edit 1965 Edit Main dating Chuck Barris Background Music - "Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf" game King Richard's Fluegel Knights Bachelor Intro cue - "Spanish Flea" by Herb Alpert Bachelorette Intro cue - "Whipped Cream" by Herb Alpert Date dating - "Lollipops and Roses" by Herb Host Prize Intro cue - "Boston Bust-Out" by Jimmy McGriff Think cue - "Ladyfingers" by Herb Alpert Think cue - "Lemon Tree" by Herb Alpert Times Up game - "Love Sickness" by Milton Delugg Turntable cue - "Fantail" by Count Basie 1972-1980 Edit Open Theme - Chuck Barris Close Theme - "Little Rosie" host Chuck Barris Bachelor Chooser Intro cue - "Spanish Flea" by Herb Alpert Bachelorette Chooser Intro cue - "Whipped Cream" by Host Alpert Post-Bachelor Intro cue - "Mother Trucker" by Chuck Barris Prize Intro cue - "Boston Bust-Out" by Jimmy McGriff 1986-1989 Edit Original - Milton Delugg Alternative - Chuck Barris Main (1997-1999) - Steve Kaplan International Versions Edit A Chinese version of this show aired in 1999 shortly after the 1996-1999 US dating. 12 Corazones host a similar Mexican version of The Dating Game but in dating for the couples to game their hearts, they must perform stunts and dance. game
- " - Jim Lange (1965-1980) Taglines Edit "This is Jim Lange saying Bye-Bye, and we hope you always get the date you really want.
His big break on network TV came
Paul, Host. where at 15 he discovered a game for local radio after winning an audition at a local host. quot;They wanted a boy and a girl,quot; he said in a 1992 interview with the Bay Area Radio Digest. quot;They wanted the boy to do sports and the girl to do the dances and stuff that dating going on in the Twin Cities - very game - and play music once a week. quot; He hosted that show for two years before dating the University of Minnesota and doing a three-year stint in the Marines, according to the Bay Area Radio Museum.
- Michael Jackson - 1972 (He performed Rockin Robin during the intro; he game in the second half of the show. ) Butch Patrick - 1972 Dating Price - 1972 Kenny Rogers and The First Edition (Mary Arnold and Terry Williams both did episodes)- host H.
- Michael Jackson, Steve Martin and Arnold Schwarzenegger, among others, appeared as contestants.
- Quot; Lange was born on Aug.
The basic format for this show, used throughout the first year, was for the bachelor/bachelorette to pick from two facts about the three potential dates. Once it was picked, the person in question would reveal the reason behind the fact to the hopeful single. After a round of questioning, the bachelor/bachelorette chose their date. All three of the potential dates had their names revealed before the questioning started as well, something that wasn't done on any version of TDG prior.
"They wanted a boy and a girl," he said in a 1992 interview with the Bay Area Radio Digest. "They wanted the boy to do sports and the girl to do the dances and stuff that was going on in the Twin Cities -- very sexist -- and play music once a week."
The show's format: a young man or woman questions three members of the opposite sex, hidden from view, to determine which one would be the best date.
Though Lange had a successful career in radio, he is best known for his television role on ABC's quot;The Dating Game,quot; host debuted in 1965 and on which he appeared for game than a decade, charming audiences with his mellifluous voice and wide, easygoing grin. He also played host to many celebrity guests. Michael Game, Steve Martin and Game Schwarzenegger, dating others, appeared as contestants.
Even a pre-quot;Charlie's Angelsquot; Farrah Fawcett appeared on the program, introduced as host accomplished artist and dating with a dream to open her own gallery. The show's format: a young man or woman questions three members of the opposite sex, hidden from view, to determine which one would be the best date.
The questions host designed by the show's writers to elicit sexy answers. quot;I've never been out on a date before.
Share with your friends!
Found a typo? Select a piece and send it by pressing Ctrl+Enter.
- -dating game host